Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-FS215B Vista upgrade keyboard disaster.

MXMotion
Visitor

VGN-FS215B Vista upgrade keyboard disaster.

Hi, I recently, under the influence of large quantities of alcohol and my Brother's goading I decided to upgrade to the Windows Vista.

Foolishly enough I went with an "out of the box" copy of vista, I knew then I would loose my function keys etc but was not too concerned. So the 1GB of RAM went in and the install took place.

4 days after the install everyting seemed ok, the networking stuff was brilliant, which to be honest was the main reason behind the move. Happy days I thought.

Much to my horror upon switching on my beloved vaio it appeared to not want to use the keyboard which comes with the laptop, and I now have to use a USB keyboard to type anything on my laptop.

Ive read alot of threads, most of them with fixes for hotkeys, but nothing seems to work.
Any help or assistance would be appreciated. I have tried the recovery discs for laptop and it keeps failing with recovery.

Does anybody know of a fix for this? Has anybody come across this? Does anybody have a driver for the vaio keyboards?

Hope your well

Motion

1 REPLY 1
MXMotion
Visitor

It gets better, here is Sony's retort :

Thank you for contacting us.

Please note that we can only support the preinstalled Operating System and software. The Sony software will only work with the preinstalled OEM Operating System it came bundled with; the newer versions are not sold separately. All available drivers for other Operating Systems can be downloaded from our website www.vaio-link.com. If you are looking for drivers, then please visit our website regularly and check whether there are updates available. Please go to our website www.vaio-link.com and select the ‘Drivers and Updates’ link under the header ‘Downloads area’. You will need to enter your model number (28xxxxxx) and serial number (5xxxxxx) if you are accessing our website from another computer than your VAIO. Please note that the most recent information will always be available on the English site first.

Regards
Sony eSupport Team

Any help on this would be appreciated, even with instructions of how to get my XP recovery discs working again....

Motion