Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-FS285 wireless configuration

gepad
Visitor

VGN-FS285 wireless configuration

I don't know if i should post here but I hope you all will be able to help me.

I'm trying to set wireless communication on my VGN-FS285 notebook. It has a intel proSet 2200 BG card with preinstalled 9.0.1.9 driver.

I have a ad-hoc nework (with 128 bits encryption) set. And it's working.

When I tried to connect my sony notebook on this network windows finds the site and connect to it with asking for key encryption. I set the IP address and the gateway (as for my other notebook).

Everything seems fine but when I tried to ping another computer on this little network I get some time out !

I tried to deactivate the windows wireless configuration utility and install the last driver from intel : 9.0.2.0 with configuration utility.

Once again everything seems to be ok but no response to ping and obviously no internet. :cry:

I also tried with 64 bits encryption and no encryption but it doesn't work.

Please help me, is there any special configuration to activate wireless on sony notebooks ? Is my notebooks "broken" ? :thinking:

(Hoping my english is not too bad)

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

I am no expert on networking, but until some more useful information is posted I would suggest that you check your firewall settings.
If you are using Norton you should find a Home Network Wizard that will configure the non-routable IP addresses you are using.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
gepad
Visitor

I knew i would forget something !

Norton Internet Security 2005 is installed but desactivated !
I also tried uninstallation before I reinstall all the notebook with backup software !

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I have a feeling Norton is causing you to loose packets to your gateway