Join now - be part of our community!

[POLL]: Your experience with the Sony Customer Support

profile.country.ES.title
pepe10000
New

[POLL]: Your experience with the Sony Customer Support

Hi folks,

I begin this post to know your experiences with the Sony Customer Support (E-support or E-mail or Telephone calls).

I would like to know how was your contact with Sony Customer Support. And all together we know how they deal with us.

Some possible questions would be:

1) Did your notebook was inside the warranty period?
2) Did they solve your problem?
3) Did they deal with you in a good and respect way?
4) Did you has to send them your notebook?
5) Inside the warranty period, Did you have to pay anything? the transport maybe?
6) Did they broke anything else during the transport or repairing period and they said that they didn't do that? And they tried to make you paid by their fault?
7) Do you have any advice for us to how to deal with them?
😎 Do you know if any guy from Sony reads this forums?

I think that this Poll help us to understand a bit more how they work and how to solve our problems. And I hope so.

Thank you very much to everybody.

Torakaru. :slight_smile:

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.ES.title
pepe10000
New

Then, I began the Poll:

I have a problem with my VAIO VGN-S3HP optical drive, which only has 3 months old, and is inside the warranty period.

I have create a Case in E-Support Vaio-Link website, but they are so slowly to solve my problem and only gave my strange replies, like to avoid my problem.

I have this problem since 2 weeks ago, without good results from them.

I have try to contact with them through e-mail, but they didn't reply me.

I have try to contact with them by phone, but they never hang up the phone.

By now my experience is not very good with them and I dont know if I will buy more products from Sony because I think that they are living over their fame, but they began to manufacture bad products in terms of quality. Maybe my next products will be a Samsung or LG, who knows.

Finally, I am afraid to send them my notebook because I have readen in the web that sometimes they broke the LCD screen during the transport and they said that they didnt do that. Do you know if this is true? Have you suffer this case or something similar?

Ok, that is my case. Sony Customer Support dont support me anything although my notebook was so expensive.

:slight_frown:

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

please don't ask me.:smileycool:

profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

5) Inside the warranty period, Did you have to pay anything? the transport maybe?
6) Did they broke anything else during the transport or repairing period and they said that they didn't do that? And they tried to make you paid by their fault?

1) Yes, both times
2) Yes, it took 6 weeks for one repair and 3 days for another.
3) Yes, they were always polite even when I was phoning them 2 times a day for 3 weeks
4) Yes, bothe times were due to hardware failure
5) Didn't pay a thing - eventually got an upgrade on the computer that they took for six weeks. It was hard work though . . .
6) Nothing was damaged during transport.
7) Be polite, never lose your cool as it gets you nowhere.
😎 Some Sony staff read this forum but it is extremely rare to get a response from them here.

profile.country.ES.title
pepe10000
New

My actual experience with the Sony VAIO Customer Support was this:

1) Yes.
2) Yes.
3) Yes.
4) Yes, I had a hardware problem and I had to send them my laptop through DHL, although this could change (Maybe will they use UPS too? I dont know.)
5) No, I had not to pay anything because I was inside the warranty period; they paid the DHL transport fees.
6) No, They take a lot of care with my laptop (Neither any little scratch after the repairing, anything (Very good job Sony guys)).
7) Try to be polite always, it is the best way to solve the problems.
😎 It seems so, but I am not sure.

So I am very happy with my notebook again. :smileygrin: And although, I didn't like to have this problem in an so expensive notebook of only three months old, I can understand that everything can fail; included the most expensive machines. But they helped me and solved my problem so quick and without any fees. :slight_smile:

Take it easy, folks.
Torakaru.