Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-FZ21Z audio and webcam issues

jnr_ironside
Explorer

VGN-FZ21Z audio and webcam issues

I recently brough a FZ21Z second hand to use for my kids. It had no HDD so installed one and installed Vista Ultimate 32bit on it. I obtained the original driver package from the support site and installed everything but I still have 2 problems. There is no audio. I can see the volume levels move when I test it or play audio but nothing is coming from the speakers. It is definitely not muted but I am wondering if there is a switch or something I may have missed? Also the webcam doesn't work. The driver is installed but it does not show in device manager  and it is not recognised by the VAIO video capture utilies. I have spend hours googling these issues with no solution, any help would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi jnr_ironside and welcome.

Have you installed ALL the drivers - in particular the SFEP Driver and the SigmaTel Audio Driver?

I presume you have looked in Control Panel -> Sound and checked that sound output is set to 'Speakers'?

Is the Audio driver shown in Device Manager->Sound Video and Game Controllers?

Is the camera shown in 'Imaging Devices' in Device Manager?

Have you installed: -

1. Ricoh camera driver -from Original Drivers Package

2. Vaio Camera Capture Utility - from the original Utilities Package - there seems to be an update in the Vista Software list on the support site here:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/VGN-FZ21Z/list

It may be worth installing all the Utilities also.

:thinking:

jnr_ironside
Explorer

Yes I have installed all drivers and utilities. I can see the audio device in device manager, the audio is definitely going to speakers. There is a visual representation in the volume slider of peaks and troughs but no sound from speakers. The camera does not show anywhere in device manager.