Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-N19VP hard drive removal

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
sbeattylds
Visitor

VGN-N19VP hard drive removal

Hello.  We have a VGN-N19VP which will not respond when the power button is pressed.  None of the lights come on.  We have tried a different battery and also a different power supply.  I assume the machine is dead.  I am trying to fix it for a colleague and he doesn't wish to pay for a repair.

I wondered whether anyone knew the procedure for taking the machine apart and accessing the hard drive, so that we can try to rescue data.  I have looked on the web, but have not been able to find instructions specific to the N19VP.

Thank you.

Sarah

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Sarah,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Before taking your vaio apart try this...

Unplug the power supply and remove the cable and all connected devices from your Vaio, then remove the battery.

Once  done press and hold down power button for a full 30 seconds, then  replace the battery and then plug in power cord. Once completed turn the  laptop on..

Sony have asked us not to post the guides for opening your vaio on this forum..:smileysad:

However if you google for something like vgnn.pdf you may be lucky..:smileywink:

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Sarah,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Before taking your vaio apart try this...

Unplug the power supply and remove the cable and all connected devices from your Vaio, then remove the battery.

Once  done press and hold down power button for a full 30 seconds, then  replace the battery and then plug in power cord. Once completed turn the  laptop on..

Sony have asked us not to post the guides for opening your vaio on this forum..:smileysad:

However if you google for something like vgnn.pdf you may be lucky..:smileywink: