Join now - be part of our community!

VGN- S5M/S 13 inch

KOENVDM
Visitor

VGN- S5M/S 13 inch

Hi,

i got a question about my new sony VGN-S5M/S

The notebooks performances are really nice, runs smooth while 3Dgaming en works fine while working in rhinocerose.
Is the same while browsing the internet or workin in office , etc.

There's something about this one.
The cooling, it makes a lot a noise wich is pretty nasty while using the notebook.

My previous notebook the VGN FS. 15 inch, this system runs much smoother , more quiet.
If i compare the 2 with each other , the VGN-S 13 inch gives a feeling running at maximum while the VGN-FS sneaks by.......

Is there any possible way for me to fix this ?
Probably its impossible..................

Greetz

9 REPLIES 9
BartK
Visitor

Have you done all the updates that are available for this unit?
If I'm not mistaken there is a BIOS update as well...

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi KOENVDM,

Welcome to Club vaio, :slight_smile:

You can use the Vaio Power Management to modify the power scheme, Start > All Programs > Vaio Control Centre > Power Options.

Setting the CPU control to adaptive, if it's not already, may make your S5 run a bit smoother.

KOENVDM
Visitor

Hi,

Ok , the cpu was already set to adaptive , and tried the different options from 1 to 5. I could here the system run smoother, still during 3D applications still runs very hard. In option 1 its totally impossible to run 3D apps.

but it runs smoother indeed
:smileygrin:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

:cool: Thanks for the feedback. :slight_smile:

KOENVDM
Visitor

ok , tnx fur the feedback...........

When change the CPU, the performances of the S5 really slows down, can't play music at normal tempo, notebook starts to run in slowmotion, and the noise keeps going on.

Is there an other option ??

Greetz

KOENVDM
Visitor

ok , tnx fur the feedback...........

When change the CPU, the performances of the S5 really slows down, can't play music at normal tempo, notebook starts to run in slowmotion, and the noise keeps going on.

Is there an other option ??

Greetz

CharlyChango
Visitor

I use the same laptop with the CPU Control set to preserve the battery. I even ran games with that configuration, or make batching intensive tests and performs fine. I change it rarely just when I have to watch some HD video. It's quiet - it's not that I cannot hear anything, but at least the cooler isn't turning on and off all the time and it's almost quiet -. Hope this helps.

KOENVDM
Visitor

Nah, if i switch it to battery life saving. When i run something , system gets very slow. The cooling is quiet but system runs slowmotion.

BartK
Visitor

BIOS UPDATE !!!!
please install if not yet done.