Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-T1XP Touchpad not responding

profile.country.en_GB.title
antcassi
Visitor

VGN-T1XP Touchpad not responding

Hi all

I have a VGN-T1XP laptop and the touchpad has stopped responding. I have ensured the cables are connected securely inside etc.

In the device manager i have 2 devices under the HID section

Sony Notebook Control Device
and
Sony Programible I/O control device

in the mouse and other pointers section i only have my USB mouse im using

If the issue is hardware related does anyone know where i can buy the cable/ribbon or the entire touchpad unit.

Many Thanks

Nino

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Nino,

Go to Start > Run type devmgmt.msc and press OK, Device Manager window should open, double click Mouse and Other Pointing Devices.

right click once on the mouse listed and select properties.

Select the 'Driver' tab and click on Update driver.

A new Hardware Update Window will appear, select Install from a list or specific location (advanced) and click next

The window now changes select 'Don't search I will choose the driver to install' and click next.

If 'Alps Pointing-device' (possibly Alps Pointing-device for Vaio) appears in the new window, select it and click next..

If the 'Alps Pointing-device' does not appear in the list remove the tick from 'Show Compatible Hardware' and select Alps Electric from the Manufacturer column then 'Alps Pointing-device' (possibly Alps Pointing-device for Vaio) from the model column and then click next.

Failing that click back and select Search for the best driver in these locations, remove the tick from floppy, cd rom and browse to C:\Drivers\Pointing folder to included it in the search and click next.

Wait for the driver to install then click Finish, a System Settings Change window should now appear prompting you to Restart your Computer and click Yes to restart.....

antcassi
Visitor

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

When i go to the device manager there is no mouse section. Also when i boot into ubuntu linux the touchpad is not working (it was previously). I think its a hardware fault.

Nino

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I think its a hardware fault. 

I suspect you could be correct, do you have a good local PC repairer in your area who could check... :slight_frown:

antcassi
Visitor

I tried that and they told me they wouldnt touch it with a big stick!

Apparently the T1XP range are "ver hard to open" and "hard to bug track"

I think im going to have to take my chances and send it to sony to get a quote on a repair.

Im finding it hard to find any contact details for the repair centre tho.

Thanks

Nino

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Nino,

You can contact Sony support either by E-support if you're new to E-support complete the registration process before proceeding..

Or by telephone, you can find contact details HERE