Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-TZ problem with Intel 945GM and aero score

endrju
Visitor

VGN-TZ problem with Intel 945GM and aero score

Hi,

I have a problem with efficiency of my graphic card in Vaio VGN-TZ11XN. Vista scores my graphic card for 2,0 (aero) and 2,6 (games). Aero is also not working so nice. When I have several windows on my desktop and make WinKey + Tab (Window switching) I can feel a slow down 😞

I made a reaserch in the web and found screenshot of someone having the same chipset and graphic card:

http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/2209/t7200vistatk3.jpg

His score is much better than mine.

My score:

http://195.225.122.42/screen.jpg

Please help me!

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi endrju and welcome to Club Vaio.

The reason his system is faster is because it is running at 64-bit. This may make his Vista Experience Index higher but he will not be able to run half the programs that you can!

However, you should be able to get the Intel GMA 950 up to 3 at least by installing the latest Intel Driver Version 15.6 for Vista only from here: -

Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Windows Vista* 32(zip)

Sony has blocked the installer in the self-installing .EXE version - this will not install on your TX - you MUST download the .ZIP version. Right-click on the .ZIP download and choose "Extract All". You can then install via Device Manager - Update Driver - Don't Search, I will pick the driver - have disc - browse to the folder with the extracted files.

:wink:

endrju
Visitor

I've already have this version of the intel driver installed. I've tried it on preinstalled Win Vista from sony (recovery partition) then I've clean installed the system on my own and it's still the same. I don't know what can cause this problem but the score should really by at least 3,0 ://

endrju
Visitor

I've changed memory bus to 533MHz in VAIO Control center and installed new drivers. My vista score is now:

processor: 4,3
ram: 4,2
graphics (aero): 2,2
graphics (games): 2,8

hdd: 3,9

It's not a big improvement... but always a step ahead :slight_smile:

Some other ideas ?