Join now - be part of our community!

VGNA-215Z connected to sony TV problem

aircool
Visitor

VGNA-215Z connected to sony TV problem

I am using the mini av connector at the rear of laptop, to my phono in sockets on my tv,Sony KV32 FX68U it all works, buy a really poor out of focus picture.... is this how it is, or do you have any tips?

Thanks for looking

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rastrus
New

Hello aircool

I had similar results to what you are experiencing when I connected my PCG-K215Z to a Philips 23" widescreen LCD Television using the official Sony AV-Mini to RCA Cable. Text, pictures, etc. on the Philips TV looked squashed and blurred and the colours were pretty awful.

In the end, I ditched the AV-Mini cable and purchased a 2 metre Belkin Pro Series High Integrity VGA/SVGA Monitor Replacement Cable (£4.27 from Amazon at the time) and a 1.8 metre Belkin Y Audio Cable to send the sound from the headphone socket on the Vaio to the Telly (£3.32 from Amazon). My telly doesn't have DVI-D ports so I couldn't use that type of connector.

Hope this information is of some use.

aircool
Visitor

Thanks, my feeling is the cable set up is poor, you have confirmed this, thanks, i will follow your "lead", do you get a good picture now, i assume you do?

Steve

profile.country.GB.title
rastrus
New

Yes - it's a very good picture. I would say it's comparable to a decent, dedicated, LCD monitor. The maximum resolution my television can handle is 1280 x 1024. I make sure that the Vaio screen is off all the time when it's plugged into the Philips television to save unnecessary wear and tear.