Join now - be part of our community!

Vista upgrade for AR21S

cholder
Visitor

Vista upgrade for AR21S

Has anyone managed to upgrade their AR21S to Vista? I tried with mine but the Vista audio driver refused to work properly. I have since applied for the Vista upgrade disk from Sony but after 2 weeks my order still just show that COA has been approved but no money has been taken off my card and there is no delivery date. Is it that Sony haven't managed it themselves yet? :cry:

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi cholder

Sony are not dealing with the Vista Express Upgrade you will need to contact Moduslink, the telephone, email and website details for moduslink here hopefully they can help.. :slight_smile:

Also click here to see the available Sony Vista drivers & utilities downloads.

jnc073
Visitor

Hi ch

yes I have managed to upgrade

If you follow the thread here http://club.vaio.sony.co.uk/clubvaio/GB/en/forum/viewthread?thread=39240 there is a link to sony's somewhat rudimentary upgrade page with the relevant audio driver.

I have not yet finished installing all of the updates, but I am now up and running on Vista with Aero and sound

jnc

cholder
Visitor

Hi ch

yes I have managed to upgrade

If you follow the thread here http://club.vaio.sony.co.uk/clubvaio/GB/en/forum/viewthread?thread=39240 there is a link to sony's somewhat rudimentary upgrade page with the relevant audio driver.

I have not yet finished installing all of the updates, but I am now up and running on Vista with Aero and sound

jnc

Thanks for this. Is it stable and does it shutdown properly as another problem I experienced was that it failed to shutdown and had to be forced off!!

jnc073
Visitor

Thanks for this. Is it stable and does it shutdown properly as another problem I experienced was that it failed to shutdown and had to be forced off!!

seems to be no problem - in fact vista seems to close down much quicker than boring old xp - possibly as I have not had time to accumulate all that junk yet...

jnc

cholder
Visitor

Thanks for the info, followed the guide and all running yippee. Did you do a full install or upgrade? I went the full install with format of the system drive retaining the recovery partition for bail out purposes!! Are you running the Legacy Sony bundled apps?

One thing that I did notice was that although there are two HDs in it they are mounted as a RAID0 in std form so if one drive goes goodbye everything!!

:slight_smile: