Join now - be part of our community!

vgnbx51vn webcam problems

profile.country.en_GB.title
limaddy
Visitor

vgnbx51vn webcam problems

I cannot get my webcam up  date drivers to work. The ink I was asked to use does not come up as an exe programe and therefore not recognised when I try to veryify wheter the update has loaded properly.

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee someone help as it is driving me mad.

Many thanks

Lima

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Lima,

Where are you downloading the driver from?

There is no driver update - it is the same camera driver for XP/Vista/Windows 7/32-Bit/64/Bit and the original camera driver covers all these.

If there is no Setup.EXE, there should be an 'Install.BAT' or a 'DPinst32.EXE' for 32-bit systems or 'DPInst64.EXE' for 64-bit Systems.

:thinking:

limaddy
Visitor

this was the update I was given but it does not work .

Vaio camera Capture Utility Update 22.2.03.11150.

Once downloaded 3. Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click SOACCU-01363010-UN.exe.
It doesn't come up as an EXE and when I try to verify whether or not the udate has been loaded correctly it comes up with the orignal numbers not as the ones above.
I am a complete novice to the computer but have been able to sort out most problems myself, but this one completely baffles me.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

What does the downloaded file show as?

Does your camera work with programs like Skype?  Does it work with the old version of VCCU?

Does the camera show in Device Manager -> Imaging Devices?  If it does show there, what is it named as?

:thinking:

limaddy
Visitor

the download shows up as SOACCU-01363010-UN.exe

I have never tried to use the camera with any other programes.

In the device manager/ imaging devices it shows as Sony visual Communcation Camera VGP-VCC6