Join now - be part of our community!

VGX-TP2 'Multimedia Controller' driver for Win 7

profile.country.en_GB.title
clover90
Visitor

VGX-TP2 'Multimedia Controller' driver for Win 7

I've completed a clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate on my VGX-TP2 and have one last issue. I can't identify and locate a driver for the hardware device 'Multimedia Controller', which I guess must be the on board Hybrid TV Tuner card as MCE tells me there is no TV Tuner Card installed. I could go back and install Vista and then upgrade - but it would be cleaner to avoid Vista (and the bundled Sony utilities, which I've never used).

I've tried DriverBoost - this is a help - but this can't identify the tuner card type.

Has anyone successfully done a clean 7 install?

Have swapped the original noisy 500GB HD for a WD Caviar Green e-SATA 2TB drive - which has made the unit virtually silent.

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.en_GB.title
spud72
New

I know that this post is very very old but I have been searching for the answer to what tuner my VGX-TP2S has in it for a long time and this was one of the first posts i found so thought it would be good to post he answer here.

The tuner is an AverrMedia Hybrid TV Tuner Card M115S card Driver 3.3 - 3.3.23.103

I had upgraded from Vista and found the driver in Windows.old\Windows\Drivers so didnt need to spend hours searching the internet ( these cover the Multi Media Controller which was the Tuner and the Mass Storage Device which was the Texas Instruments PCIxx12 Integrated FlashMedia Controller

I hope that this helps someone out there.