Join now - be part of our community!

VGX-XL201 HDMI connection

hhth
Visitor

VGX-XL201 HDMI connection

HDMI connectivity doesn't scale properly with my HDTV's HDMI connection. I cannot set it to 1080P which the display supports (Pioneer PDP-5000EX) because the image 'scales' out of the screen. If I use the overscan compensation in the nvidia control panel all this does is reduce the resolution to fit the screen and the picture is awful. I must add that if I use the supplied DVI convertor and plug the Vaio via the Pioneer's DVI connection everything is fine. I've upgraded to the latest Nvidia driver to no avail.

Apart from contacting Pioneer any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
danf_42
Visitor

I can't speak for this tv, but it sounds like you would need to select 'underscan' or whatever Pioneer call it, via the tv. i.e. it sounds like a tv issue rather than a Vaio issue.

The same thing happens with my Sharp LCD, and if I select 'underscan' on the tv it shows the 1920x1080 at 1:1

Angeleia
Visitor

Same problem here, but on a 720p TV. At full resolution it looks ok, but the edges disappear off the screen. With the overscan on, the scaling is horrible and makes text almost unreadable.

Unfortunately I have no other options as the TV only supports HDMI or VGA. :cry:

profile.country.GB.title
Whitewing
Explorer

i am getting the same problem only using component leads.
when i first had the computer i could not get it to sinc with the tv so had loads of problems setting it up.
its a pitty sony did not recommend seeting it up initially with a computer monitor, could have saved a lot of heartache.
i now have mine set to the underscan feature so have to pan around the screen! unfortunately i cant read some of the text as my tv is not hi res! - sony could also recommend only using with hi res tv's. but that would limit there market!