Join now - be part of our community!

Got a few questions concerning my fe31m notebook!

DeclanB
Visitor

Got a few questions concerning my fe31m notebook!

Hi firstly thanks for helping me understand this!

1) the laptop is vista capable as i am aware and i jsut went through the trouble of completing countless forms on this site

https://upgradeweb.moduslink.com/Vista/ConsumerWebsite/(S(yr0u22mzmh4dhw4512gnwke1))/OrderReview.asp...

to be stunned at the end for £18 of them lol, thought it was free :smileysad:!

2) i was only going to install the vista home software untill it is officially released on the 30th january 07.. however i want the " Ultimate " package, would this mean if i wer to take it back to pc world and get it upgraded as the man told me to do so i would have to pay more?

3) ever since i had the laptop i had this countless clicking noise coming from udnerneath the keyboard when scrolling, and other click noises for minimizing programmes etc.. i find it really irritating as my old vaio was as quiet as a whistle and this is like a bus :laughing: ! also the noise when watching a video is very loud, its as though the hard drive is kicking in or something lmao, considering this is a " entertainment " laptop designed to watch and construct videos etc i thought it would of been rather quiet

what do you think about this? should i contact sony via phone as e-suppot dont have a clue :slight_frown:

4) the laptop came with something called a VAIO Memory Card Adapter, what is this? is it like a memory stick purposefully designed for vaio's only?

5) is it possible to purchase either a wireless or bluetooth tuner, so that i can watch tv on the laptop :tongue: ? i dont like too many usbs, considering i have an ipod and printer to take care off.

thanks for this guys, much appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

From the specs you have posted Vista should work well on your FE laptop.

You might have to pay more for Vista Ultimate, unless Windows XP Pro was on the laptop on the day of purchase.

If you have any doubts then you should call them.

As for the memory stick adaptor it is for Memory Stick Pro Duo

DeclanB
Visitor

Thanks for the post Kee-Lo :D!

yeah i think i may have to pay for ultimate, as the laptop came with windows media centre edition 😞 lol,

yeah i know its for memory stick pro duos, but what exactly does it do? as there is already a socket for the pro duo to be inserted :S

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Well they're smaller and usually are put into mobile phones, so the slot is too big for them.

steve_parkes
Visitor

Ok, First I run Vista on a FE-31m with no problems except the sony software.

TV tuner, just get a USB one. I use a cheap DVB stick from PC world and it works fine, just make sure it is MCE compatable. speed is king here, get the docking station for 4 more USB 2 ports (plus its a coll add on.

The £18 is tax and delivery, vista itself is free

Clicking, emm, dont get that here, sorry