Join now - be part of our community!

Video input on XL 100

flash876
Visitor

Video input on XL 100

I know it's on 'old' machine... But I can't seem to use the vedio input to record from and external ANALOGUE source! Using Click to DVD, to just looks for an iLink input. Do I have the correct capture card? is it connected? Am i doing something completely wrong? I have followed other links, about having the external source connected first - but still no joy!

Any ideas suggestions? How do I check my capture card? Do i need to set up for tv recording first?

Help

Thanks, Tim

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Tim and welcome.

We have asked Sony to look at this because we have had a few reports of this recently.

Can you let me know the Version of Click2DVD you are using. Should be Version 2.5.32.08000

Have you got the Vaio Media Servers running?

We have not had any response yet from Sony but the first step in troubleshooting this must be to uninstall Click2DVD and reinstall it from your Recovery Partition or from your Recovery Discs.

It is also worth going to Device Manager and Uninstalling your TV Card - you will find it under Sound, Video and Game Controllers, it will be an AverMedia Device - then reboot and Windows will install fresh drivers automatically.

Can you capture Analogue Video using Windows Movie Maker?

:thinking:

flash876
Visitor

Thanks for your reply... To answer a few questions.. I have just installed the latest Click to DVD, but have not tried it yet - one reason being, is that Windows Movie Maker does not capture the video input!

I will try and re-install the TV- Card.

What is Vaio Media Servers?

Rgds,

Tim

flash876
Visitor

I re-installed the TV Card - It had no effect.
I am using Version 2.5.32.08000 of Click2DVD...