Join now - be part of our community!

virus ??

profile.country.en_GB.title
biancavaio
Visitor

virus ??

hey everyone ....

well the thing is ....last night i went on this website www.123greetings.com becus i wanted to send something to a friend but i thing i did'nt know was a virus was lurking on the page and its called 'drive cleaner' this virus page automatically came up and i had no control over it and after a couple of mins my norton notified me that i had now got a 'drive cleaner' virus ...and i did'nt even do anything ....i got so annoyed at that point but anyways norton did'nt do anything to block the virus itself it just notified me , then i went on the Norton website and looked for a removal plan ...i found one but i did everything the removal plan said ...but the virus did not go ....this virus gives me false secruity alerts and every 10 mins it tells me to exit the internet page im on

can someone please help me ...on how to remove this

thanks

bianca

p.s i dont have any recovery disks etc ....

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Have you tried using other virus scanners to see if they'll clean it?
(eg AVG free, Nod 32, Kaspersky etc?)

There's even online virus scanners that may be able to help such as Panda Online and Trend Micro Housecall.

kee-lo_
biancavaio
Visitor

thanks everyone i will deffo try all ya ideas !!

but what i dont get it why dont norton remove it instead of just detecting it

strange

bianca

xx

sammiimmas
Visitor

Coz it dont work. Take my advice (and others) get shut of norton because it will annoy you to the end instead of helping your problems!

Sammi

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Unfortunately no virus scanner is 100% reliable. With all the new Viruses that are created its a good idea to have a couple on hand for detection and removal purposes.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Coz it dont work.

A bit of a sweeping statement there!

I am not a fan of the Norton Security Suite ether but mainly because of the large system resources that it uses and the difficulties that arise when removing the program from your system (it is not unique in that particular facet – McAfee presents similar problems).

It is however a reliable anti virus program, but as Jumpsuit points out none of them will be 100% reliable and there is no substitute for sensible surfing coupled with common sense when opening links and downloading files….

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
sammiimmas
Visitor

Its called having a sense of humour my friend.....

McAfee is not as tough a removal that Norton is, I find it very easy to use.

naughty norton

But yes not any one will give you what you want but thats that if it wasnt like that then anti virus products wouldnt move forward.

What I'm trying to say is everytime a new update or newer version comes out its apparently alittle better than the last- so to keep you updating and buying...updating and buying something I hate of Norton.

McAfee will always protect you regardless of the expiry(oh it doesnt have one) but once your norton expires ooooooohhhh the viruses come running!

By the way I still havent managed to remove norton, rich I had a similar idea in mind to jumpsuit. Thought maybe keeping two will give me double protection:smileyhappy: . You know what i got?

Everytime I startup, norton states there are 4 items affecting my antivirus status and when i click on fix they disappear..WHY?

I dont have a bloody idea coz my McAfee detects everything was working in the 1st place. So Norton kind of creates this 'oh I've detected something scenario' and then fixes it- how nice when there wasnt even anything there.

Basically, i still want to get rid of it.

Thanks,
Sammi

kee-lo_

I agree with Rich, all it's guilty of is resource hogging

biancavaio
Visitor

i always hear that norton has the best service maybe im wrong

bianca

xxx