Join now - be part of our community!

virus ??

profile.country.en_GB.title
biancavaio
Visitor

virus ??

hey everyone ....

well the thing is ....last night i went on this website www.123greetings.com becus i wanted to send something to a friend but i thing i did'nt know was a virus was lurking on the page and its called 'drive cleaner' this virus page automatically came up and i had no control over it and after a couple of mins my norton notified me that i had now got a 'drive cleaner' virus ...and i did'nt even do anything ....i got so annoyed at that point but anyways norton did'nt do anything to block the virus itself it just notified me , then i went on the Norton website and looked for a removal plan ...i found one but i did everything the removal plan said ...but the virus did not go ....this virus gives me false secruity alerts and every 10 mins it tells me to exit the internet page im on

can someone please help me ...on how to remove this

thanks

bianca

p.s i dont have any recovery disks etc ....

13 REPLIES 13
kee-lo_

Swings and roundabouts.

oORusHOo
Visitor

I work heavly in digital security, and one thing that everone agrees on (and that in it's self is saying something) is that Norton sucks harder than a plane toilet.

It always comes out at the bottom of the detection tests (always.)
It's a suite-ed, meaning if you want the popups to stop you need to buy everything.

It won't be long untill you'll see "Norton has discovered a virus. Insert 50p to delete"

And don't even get me started on Internet security.
Of corse you're not going to get a virus if you can't even freakin' connect to the internet!!! >___<<br/>
Get NOD32/Outpost Pro/Process Guard. There the best triplet to have right now.

profile.country.GB.title
lyapple
New

Maybe I’m stupid – wouldn’t be the first time someone thought that but I usually prove them wrong (other than in arenas I don’t understand like computers!) – but I have had no problem with Norton. I can’t comment on it being a greedy hog but it has never given me problems with pop-ups. And on a similar subject, I don’t have problems with AOL. The way they screen spam makes my life much less fractious.

robpaxton
Explorer

@Sammi,

If you want to remove Norton then try this - just don't do step 3 :wink: