Join now - be part of our community!

Vista internet connection problem

simonpitcher
Visitor

Vista internet connection problem

Please can someone help to sort this problem out I have a new SZ4VWN/X wich i have upgraded from vista biz to ultimate. When ever i start the machine i have to reconnect to my router before i can go online. also if the machine go's into hibernation i also have to reconnect to the router (BT HUB)this is very frustrating SONY please give me a fix. the bizzare thing is that as i watch the machine start up i have a connection then when strt up is complete the connction drops out saying i only have a local link (or somthing like that)

4 REPLIES 4
sunking101
Visitor

Yes, I have this same problem on a Toshiba laptop. Vista is at fault here, not the hardware.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Yeah this isn't a Sony problem. I can see Vista SP1 coming soon LOL

nbaxter1
Visitor

everytime i turn on laptop it connects to the home hub but not the internet. Then i turn the wireless switch off and on and it connects me. is this the problem your having? Plus everytime my wireless drops out i have to switch the wlan switch off and on again to connect

I have the same problem lets all hope that Microsoft stops thinking about its competition wars with 360 and PS3 (look up French launch) and starts helping its consumers!!!