Join now - be part of our community!

volume OSD display is gone

berend2404
Visitor

volume OSD display is gone

The On-Screen-Display of my volume buttons are gone. My notebook is the VGN-FS11S. The buttons work, but it's not shown on the display.

Does anybody know, how I can fix this? First it worked very well. And I didn't uninstall anything except the trail-software.

my email adress is: DIGN@gmx.de

greets

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi berend2404 and welcome to the forum.

I have not encountered this problem before but I think the first course of action would be to try re-installing the Sony Utilities.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
berend2404
Visitor

Hi Rich92,
thanks for your greetings.

I downloaded already the drivers and utilities from the Vaio-website.
But I wasn't sure to reinstall the utilities because I don't like to reinstall the whole system.
Do you think the reinstalling of the Vaio Utilities do not hurt windows?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Do you think the reinstalling of the Vaio Utilities do not hurt windows?

Hi berend2404,

No, re-installing the utilities will not harm the Windows OS nor will it put back any of the unwanted sotware. It should however reinstate the full functionallity of the notebook utilites such as Fn keys etc.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
berend2404
Visitor

Thanks Rich, but it didn't work.
I installed all the utitilies from the Vaio-website and no difference. The apperience of the On Screen Display of the volume buttons are gone. I think, there is a setting in WindowsXP, which I don't know ...

profile.country.en_NL.title
Carelino
Visitor

The On-Screen-Display of my volume buttons are gone. My notebook is the VGN-FS11S. The buttons work, but it's not shown on the display. 

Does anybody know, how I can fix this? First it worked very well. And I didn't uninstall anything except the trail-software.

my email adress is: DIGN@gmx.de

greets

i had the same problem once, but the whit FE11S laptop. I fixed it by going to run....msconfig and see in startup or services if everything was enabled. The on screen display is a small program, i think you have it disabled (mine was) at startup. Ofcourse I dont know wich one it is with your laptop. I advice you to enable all the startup and services items. See if the problem is fixed. I think this is the solution for your problem

darox
Visitor

Yes, that's correct. I had the same problem. The "Media Center Tray Applet" must be enabled, then you have your OSD after a restart back.