Join now - be part of our community!

Volume too low

Atius
Visitor

Volume too low

Hi, i'm writing this post to ask an info: is it normal that in sony vaio VGN-FE11M, having set every windows volume sliders to the max (Volume control, Wave...), i hear scarcely the audio stream of a film? With headphones doesn't change a lot... Can the cause of this malfunction be the Sigmatel Audio drivers?

P.S: in volume control (the icon situated in Control Panel) i've choosed "laptop speakers"

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi, i'm writing this post to ask an info: is it normal that in sony vaio VGN-FE11M, having set every windows volume sliders to the max (Volume control, Wave...), i hear scarcely the audio stream of a film? With headphones doesn't change a lot... Can  the cause of this malfunction be the Sigmatel Audio drivers? 

P.S: in volume control (the icon situated in Control Panel) i've choosed "laptop speakers"

Hi Atius,

Welcome to the forum,:smileyhappy:

Is the volume only quiet whilst listening to a film, if so has the program you are using to watch the film got any options for volume control?

Atius
Visitor

I'm using the Windows media player included with Windows media center and the volume controller is set to max.

On Properties of SigmaTel High Definition CODEC, if i select
"audio device" i can read

"driver abilitated but not working correctly "

I've already tried to reinstall sigmatel software (it says only manutention completed)

Thunder
Visitor

Is this only within Windows Media Player or is it across the same for all programs?

mylos
Visitor

I have a VGN-FE11S and indeed the volume is low.
I have checked all possible parameters that affect volume loudness and even at the max level the volume is low.