Join now - be part of our community!

VPC F12S1E motherboard

profile.country.PT.title
Alex73L
New

VPC F12S1E motherboard

Hello,

Back in 2011 I purchased a Sony Vaio VPC F12S1E that I have been using occasionality.

Recently it stoped working and I took it to a repain shop but I have been told that the prooblem is the motherboard.

My question is: I ilke that laptop but is it worth to pay about 550 euros (hardware plus man hour) to repain it?

Can you please share your comments on this?

Many thanks,

Alex.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Alex and welcome.

I am surprised that a replacement for the Sony motherboard is available!

Only you can decide if it is worth it to you. You would need to really like Vaio to pay so much for what is a fairly old laptop.

Your decision!

profile.country.PT.title
Alex73L
New

But do you think it is worth to "resuscitate" the laptop?

I explain, in 2011 I paid 1400 euros for the laptop (to have a better computer).

After this problem I got a 450 euros small desktop PC (processor Intel Pentium) to connect to the TV.

When that desktop "processes" an MicroSoft Excel file (with a lot of formulas) it takes about one hour to finish but the Vaio took less than five minutes on a similar file. :open_mouth:

Question: how will seven years old Vaio VPC F12S1E compare with a 500 - 600 euros modern laptop computer (if I pay the 550 euros motherboard)?

Many thanks,

Alex.

PS: I still like Vaio and it is a pity that Sony decided to sell its PC business...
For me TV is Bravia, mobile is xperia, etc :slight_smile:

But digital cameras are (still) Canon, sorry.