Join now - be part of our community!

VPCW11S1E wont start aftyer installing new HD with Windows 7

profile.country.en_GB.title
denismen
Visitor

VPCW11S1E wont start aftyer installing new HD with Windows 7

I purchased a used Vaio without a HD or RAM and put a 120 gig HD with WIN 7 and 1 Gig Ram in it but I keep getting error messages and it wont start.

The HD is fine because I put it into another PC and it worked fine.

Do I need some drivers or something else to make this work

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Is this Win 7 32Bit or 64Bit? The minimum requirement for 64Bit OS is 2Gb RAM.

That said the OS should be installed on the drive once fitted to the machine.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
denismen
Visitor

Go raibh Mina maith agat Rich.

It is Win 7 32 bit with 1 gig RAM for now.

After the computer scanned for errors the error was error = 0x0

There was some other stuf but I couldnt save all the message

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi denismen,

You have the absolute minimum of RAM but that shouldn't prevent booting.

Can you confirm whether the OS was pre-installed on the drive or whether you installed from scratch with the drive in this machine?

If the OS was installed on this machine with a blank, new hard drive did the install complete as expected?

Have you tried either a startup repair or booting in safe mode?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
denismen
Visitor

Hi Rich

Because I have no CD drive I installed windows on another machine and it was ok but when I put it into the Sony I get these error messages...Windows Error Recovery.

I have launched Styartup Repair but it didnt fix it and the error messages were Error=0x0

There were some others but the 0x0 was in quite a few places throughout the error log which I was unable to save either.

I thought you spoke Gaelic when I saw your little line at bottom of your message [Go n-éirí an bóthar leat] but as you havent remarked on the thank you in Garelic I replied then I am now not so sure as that partiucular saying you have on your messages is quite popular even outside the Irish community apparently.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi denismen,

Gabh mo leithscéal – I did mean to respond in kind but forgot in my haste to answer. Not a fluent Gaelic speaker (infact far from it) although originally (albeit many years past) from that best of all possible countries, plus my grammar leaves a lot to be desired:smileyblush:

Due to the range of devices that are tailored to Sony requirements I can only assume that there is something conflicting from the install on another machine. I suggest that you try and install on the Vaio, from USB (stick or CD/DVD drive) if necessary – preferably with the original Sony media if at all possible.

Ádh mór ort.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
denismen
Visitor

Thanks Rich

My Irish is not that great either but I did have a fainne ring when I was a youngster way back at school in Dublin.

I forget most of it now anyway.

I did have a USB CD drive but seem to have mislaid it as its so long since I used iut but I got one on ebay yesterday and it should arrive in the next couple of days.

I can then try install win 7 from there and see how it goes. Thanks again anyway.

I have seen several posts on the internet with people having similar problems apparently from automatic updating

Slan leat Rich for now.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

denismen wrote:

I did have a fainne ring when I was a youngster way back at school in Dublin.

Hi denismen,

I’m impressed – a cúpla focal brooch would be more appropriate for me and my excuse is that I was exiled from Attanagh at a young age.

I think your problems stem from the install on another machine rather than Windows updates.

Please let us know how you get on.

Tá súil agam go gcluinfidh mé uaitse,

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat