Join now - be part of our community!

Watching Tv

Usman2005
Visitor

Watching Tv

Hey everyone, i am new to this site and im sure some people can help me answer a few questions, firstly i purchased my VGN-A215Z Vaio notebook yesterday and just getting used to the amazing features, one problem is i didnt get any software on discs for the machine, do i need to go back to comet where i got the laptop from and secondly about watching TV, it says i need an external aerial socket, can someone help me out and tell me what that is? i know this may seem easy for some of ya, but for me its a brand new experience and so far im loving it! :slight_smile: :smileygrin:

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hi,

If you look in the manual it tells you whether the disks are included or on a hidden partition you need to burn to a DVD (Sorry I'm not trying to palm you off as some might think, I just can't remember which models have this or not)

The second question: did you get a docking station with this model? If not then I don't think TV watching is possible, as it's built into that. if it is, you should see a big plug with a small socket which looks like a TV ariel socket on a TV

it looks like this (this isn't a picture of the VAIO, just the socket)

Usman2005
Visitor

thnaks for your reply, your right abt the recovery setup its on my vaio so i will just need to burn a couple of dvds

i was just wondering if sony send out the original software discs for all other programs such as microsoft windows xp and works ???

with the tv bit, i cant see anything on my vaio itself apart from a tv out socket! but on my spec it does say i have a docking station, i may need to phone sony on monday, anyway if you can help me out further i would really appreciate it, thanks! :smileygrin:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

i was just wondering if sony send out the original software discs for all other programs such as microsoft windows xp and works ???

No, they don't.
Once you make the recovery CDs everything is on there.
Everything is integrated on DVD(s)

As for the TV, it's on the docking station.