Join now - be part of our community!

K Series - how do i see device IRQ numbers?

moogybase
Visitor

K Series - how do i see device IRQ numbers?

Hello

I can't find any way on my VAIO K315S to see what IRQN's have been assigne to which device and whether any are being shared.

I'm running Cubase SX and wish to maximise it's performance - i've already done all the usual tweaks (musicxp website).

Cheers

5 REPLIES 5
tirreg
Visitor

normaly you go to the device manager and there the network adaptors (pick your network adaptor) and go to properties and click resources

moogybase
Visitor

not at home right now to try.....but can the irqn's be changed from there? or somewhere else?

Thanks

feederfan
Visitor

This is a little irrelevant, but if you are using Cubase you might want to look at the new Audigy 2 PCMCIA card! I want one myself as the only thing i miss about my desktop is my Audigy 2 Platinum. This would give you much better ASIO support (ASIO2) and Soundfonts. I suggest you look into this if you are serious about sound quality, as recording with the crap AC97 card the laptop comes with will sound terrible, especially being as its through the mic in!!

moogybase
Visitor

thanks for that....i'm gonna take a look ( i really shouldn't though:smileyhappy: !

but i do have an ECHO Indigo 24bit sound card which lets me work quite happily with latency of 7ms.

It's just that when playing big sounds (big chords on big pad sounds) which have reverb on them, i sometimes get the odd little crackle despite CPU being below 50%.

Do you have any ideas? I've done all the reducing background services etc. and turn off "Indexing service" etc.

by the way, does the Audigy card have it's inputs/outputs NOT on either side.....on the Echo, one of the side outputs (when being used) blocks access to 2 of the VAIO's USB slots.....a right pain in the butt! Really stupid positioning of the USB slots Sony!!! Shame.

TygerTyger
Visitor

IRQ's can't be manually changed in Windows XP.