Join now - be part of our community!

website problems

profile.country.en_GB.title
biancavaio
Visitor

website problems

hey

i've got a slight problem concerning websites , i cant seem to get on hi5 recently last week i could get onto the website this week i cant , seems strange as my friends can acsess the websites on there pc's but i cant , i have'nt changed any settings or anything , but wheneva i type in www.hi5.com , the 'this page can not be displayed' sign comes up , i was wondering why this is happening any1 got an sugesstions

love bianca

xx

22 REPLIES 22
skykit84
New

they have may have shut the site for xmas ........

xx

I'm glad you mentioned this... I thought it was my laptop too until my desktop did the same!
I noticed it a few days ago but Hi5 is also so slow so I thought it was their end
But its still down... and its a known issue.

biancavaio
Visitor

Thanks everyone for the help

thalamus ...i had a lovely christmas and i hope everyone else did too!!!

Love bianca

xxxx

kee-lo_

Probably more like they've ran out of cash, or had a DDOS

biancavaio
Visitor

hey ....just read on some website that

Hi5 has been blocked from certain areas in london due to poor responce from people who are registered on hi5 who are living in certain areas........can this even be possible ...well i dont know
:thinking: :thinking:
xxx

skykit84
New

Hi5 has been blocked from certain areas in london due to poor responce from people who are registered on hi5 who are living in certain areas........can this even be possible ...well i dont know
xxx

I doubt it very much!
Unless ISP's have blocked it (again, highly doubtful!) it just cant happen.
Having said that, I've just had a look around and apparently people outside of the UK can access it!
Try http://204.13.51.244
That gets you in but with limited functions

I wonder whats going on!

skykit84
New

xxx

Actually it just occured to me... what ISP do you use?
It seems NTL have blocked that site out, I'm on Virgin and they i think piggyback on NTL too...

biancavaio
Visitor

Hey akash84,

im on telewest at the moment

happy new year

x

p.s i did'nt really think much of that answer that hi5 has cancelled out certain areas ...but its getting pathetic now ....half of london cant get onto the website

skykit84
New

Hey akash84, 

im on telewest at the moment

happy new year

x

p.s i did'nt really think much of that answer that hi5 has cancelled out certain areas ...but its getting pathetic now ....half of london cant get onto the website

Happy New Year to you too!

Well I got someone who lives in Wembley to try it out and hes on homechoice... he can access it fine.
Those on Telewest, NTL or Virgin cannot access the site.

I tested earlier on BT Openworld too and thats fine.

I might ring up Virgin later tomorrow to find out (or tuesday if closed) so i'll update you

biancavaio
Visitor

Thanks .....I really need to get on Hi5 ........hope Telewest make Hi5 acsessible again

xxx

kee-lo_

Send them an email and if they don't help you out then change ISP.