Join now - be part of our community!

what happens if i install 2x1 gb ram to FS215z?

hakan439
Visitor

what happens if i install 2x1 gb ram to FS215z?

what happens if i install 2x1 (totally 2 gb ram) gb ram to FS215z?
does it work faster

3 REPLIES 3
stevep-4
Visitor

It depends

Doe the computer support 2gb of memory? Check the specifications..

Generally, it all depends upon the programs you are running. If you do a lot of photo editing, power hungry gaming or have lots of applications open all the time, then yes, it will make a difference.

But if you are a normal user, then probably no noticeable difference.

The computer uses the memory to work with "active" programs and files. If there is too much info, the program uses the hard drive for some of the memory needs, threrefore there is a delay in accessing some information.

when you are running heavy applications, do CTRL-ALT-DEL to bring up the task mkanager. Take a look at the memory useage. If these is close to the installed memory, then more memory will help. If you are using less than half the available memory, there is little point buying more memory.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

The maximum memory for your FS215Z is 1024MB.

If you install 2048MB one of the following will happen -

:skull: It won't boot up at all.

:thermometer_face: The best case scenario is that It just won't recognise the memory over 1024MB and 1024MB will be wasted.

:angry: It may recognise and use the extra memory but your system won't have a big enough cache and will probably work slower than with 1024MB.

Not Recemmended!!!

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Yeah just stick with 1GB, not many people need 2GB unless they do 3D or complex 2D art in Photoshop or process HD video