Join now - be part of our community!

What to do with these issues?

skykit84
New

What to do with these issues?

Hi all,
Some of you might know i'm having a few issues here and there and I'm just wondering what exactly I should do?

I purchased the laptop on the 10th of October 2006 so its 9days short of being 3 months old. Obviously past my time to return it.

The laptop is a SZ2XP/C and I paid pretty much all my student loan on it! The issues are stopping me using it for uni work which is why I got it.

Issues:
1. Fan noise. This is really bad. Fans kick in at 42c and about 44c, its on full spin. This is on stamina mode. The noise is not only awkward but embaressing in a lecture hall when I use it.

2. The static. When I use the laptop in bed, i have my electric heated blanket on. This does something to me and/or the laptop and charges somethingup. When I touch any part of the laptop whether its near the mousepad or the back of the screen, I get surges through my fingers. Is this not dangerous to the laptop and possibly myself?

3. I too suffer from the screen being printed with the keys from the keyboard. While this just wipes off, again, is this not a risk to the screen?

Thats it.... 3 issues, both I feel are major. I only have 4 months left at uni, its my final year, the main important year and I cannot take the laptop to uni! What I dont want to do is send this to Sony and get it back once I finish Uni if this makes sense.

You thoughts please.

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Make a new one LOL

That's pretty poor of them just to close the case, it's pretty important.