Join now - be part of our community!

WHERE IS MY REFUND??

SOLVED
profile.country.en_IE.title
pixiebean22
Visitor

WHERE IS MY REFUND??

E-mail below sent to Sony AGAIN today. 

My boyfriend bought me a laptop for Christmas, laptop proved faulty from day one, took weeks and months of back and forth with The Sony Centre in Waterford before they would even accept that the laptop was in fact faulty, they then contacted Sony about organising a refund, this same refund was allegedly authorised nearly 2 months ago but my boyfriend is yet to receive his refund.  The shop either have not passed it on or Sony did not actually authorise the refund.

WHAT IS GOING ON??  We have received absolutely no communication from Sony or The Sony Centre and have been forced to lodge an application with the Small Claims Court.  Why can't Sony just give back the money?  What is the delay??

Case ID #: 336302

To whom it may concern

I would just like to  once again express my disgust at the way I have been treated by Sony in  seeking a refund for a faulty product bought in The Sony Centre in  Waterford.

You will note that this matter has been ongoing since the beginning  of January, it is now nearing the end of April and I still have not  received the refund that Sony authorised nearly 2 months ago.

You  might want to look into the management of The Sony Centre in Waterford  because he seems to have an awful lot of unsatisfied customers dragging  your name through the court system in Ireland.  I have been forced to  lodge a Small Claims Court Application in relation to this matter  because as far as I know Sony authorised my refund nearly 2 months ago  but The Sony Centre have refused on many occasions to pass the refund  onto me.  I am 400euro out of pocket for many many months now.

I will never ever buy a Sony product again.  Your customer service  is an absolute disgrace and the people selling your products are  incompetent.

Despite filling out two fairly scathing customer satisfaction surveys in February I have received no contact from Sony.

I want a response to this e-mail as soon as possible and the matter  addressed.  Where is my refund?  Where is the money that Sony promised  me nearly 2 months ago??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I'll close this thread as it appears you've received your refund..

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Where are you sending this email to?

:thinking:

pixiebean22
Visitor

I have sent it to this e-mail address: customersupport.en@vaio-link.com, which is the e-mail address I have used since this whole disaster kicked off.

Still no reply from Sony.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I have been in touch with Vaio-Link about your problem and asked for an update.

This is being dealt with by Sony (Ireland) who have apparently carried out extensive testing of your Vaio and cannot reproduce the fault.

However, there is good news - Sony Ireland have agreed today to the refund and have communicated this to the dealer who can now make the refund.

You should hear from Vaio-Link and/or the dealer very soon.

:wink:

pixiebean22
Visitor

Well you've obviously received the wrong information from somebody because while Sony could not reproduce the fault The Sony Centre were able to reproduce the fault and did so nearly 2 months ago in their store.  Sony Ireland allegedly agreed to a refund at the end of February, I was told this by a staff member in The Sony Centre.  I was also told that the manager of The Sony Centre was refusing to refund my money until he received his money from Sony, which is ILLEGAL.

Why is it that you have been able to come to a solution after 2 short messages from me in the space of a day or so yet it has taken FOUR MONTHS for me to get this far as regards getting a refund?

Sony customer service is an absolute joke.  It must be so rewarding running a business where you don't have to refund customers until 4 months after they buy a faulty product and shops selling your products can enforce rules that contravene consumer law.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Sorry, I can't answer those questions - I do not work for Sony.

My only interest was to try to get a resolution to your problem - nothing more.

pixiebean22
Visitor

While I appreciate your help Blencogo if you don't work for Sony I'll be taking your comments with a pinch of salt.  I have spent 4 months trying to get help from Sony and it has been impossible so I don't see how someone who doesn't work for Sony can achieve anything.

I appreciate it if I do actually get somewhere with Sony because of you but I won't hold my breath.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

While I appreciate your help  Blencogo if you don't work for Sony I'll be taking your comments with a  pinch of salt.  I have spent 4 months trying to get help from Sony and  it has been impossible so I don't see how someone who doesn't work for  Sony can achieve anything.

I appreciate it if I do actually get somewhere with Sony because of you but I won't hold my breath.

I think thank you for your help would have a better reply..:smileyshocked:

As Blencogo has stated we volunteer our time to help Q&A members solve their problems and have close links with several Sony departments & if you do a search on the forum you'll see that he has succesfully helped many user with problems in the past.

Therefore if you do get a call soon regarding a refund I hope you remember to return to this thread and thank Blencogo properly..

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

No good deed goes unpunished :angry:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
pixiebean22
Visitor

My reply wasn't thankless. I think it's reasonable to be sceptical in this situation when this matter has been ongoing for 4 months.

Blencogo didn't state "we volunteer our time to help Q&A members solve their problems and  have close links with several Sony departments & if you do a search  on the forum you'll see that he has succesfully helped many user with  problems in the past".

Obviously if the outcome of Blencogo's input is a refund then I will be very grateful but as it stands I don't see how Blencogo can achieve anything different to me because as far as I can see we both have the same standing in relation to Sony, both just ordinary consumers.