Join now - be part of our community!

Help !!!!!

profile.country.en_GB.title
garhwal
Visitor

Help !!!!!

I have sony vaio (VPCEB1E0E). Battery icon missing form the taskbar. I tried to activate it from customize menu but htere is off and disable and I can't enable it. Eaelier it was there, but now no long there and I don't know the reason behind it how and why it went missing. And now I can't know when battery going to down or how much charge left. Sometime ago I downloaded vaio updates may be due to that or other reason behind it, I don't know.

Anyone can help? please.

Thanks.

Any help will be much appreciated!!!

Garhwal

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi,

Right click the task bar and select Properties.

On the Notification Area tab make sure that the system Icon for power is checked.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
garhwal
Visitor

hi Rich912,

I did it but there battery icon is there and it shows off, but I it is disabled, I mean, can't turn it on.

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi garhwal,

I’m not entirely what the problem is but here are a couple of things to try:

1)    Open Task Manager and on the process tab, right click explorer.exe and select ‘End Process’. Then click ‘File’ > New Task (Run...), and then type explorer.exe in the Open dialogue box. Click OK.

2)    If the above fails to restore the icon (or the ability to select it in Task Bar Properties), shut down and remover the battery and power supply, hold down the power switch for 15 seconds, re-fit the battery and re-boot.

I hope that one the above will have some result.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat