Join now - be part of our community!

Why can I not record TV in Sleep Mode using Media Centre?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
stubartl
Visitor

Why can I not record TV in Sleep Mode using Media Centre?

I seem to recall that when I first used the VAIO VGC-LT1S desktop I recorded TV channels within Windows Media Centre whilst leaving it in Sleep Mode, when out of the house. I am using Windows 7 and in the various help facilities it appears to indicate that one can set the computer to record later scheduled TV programmes whilst leaving it in sleep mode. I have tried the obvious fixes but no joy. Any ideas please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi stubartl,

I don’t have an answer for you but I can confirm that running under Vista Windows Media Centre does record when left in sleep mode – no idea whether Widows 7 is any different, but I doubt it.

Found the following but I doubt that this will be of much help.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows7/Why-didnt-my-TV-show-record-in-Windows-Media-Center

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi stubartl,

I don’t have an answer for you but I can confirm that running under Vista Windows Media Centre does record when left in sleep mode – no idea whether Widows 7 is any different, but I doubt it.

Found the following but I doubt that this will be of much help.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows7/Why-didnt-my-TV-show-record-in-Windows-Media-Center

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
stubartl
Visitor

Many thanks Rich! Now I recall my VAIO initially was running Vista when I purchased it 3 years ago and I upgraded to W7 late last year. It therefore was possibly working under Vista correctly in the past and possibly not supported under W7 now? I will investigate further on the Web and via Microsoft. You have provided a good start point. Much appreciated!

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi stubartl,

Maybe this is a windows 7 problem then, but as far as I am aware recording in sleep mode is supported in Win 7. Did you upgrade the OS or fresh install?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
stubartl
Visitor

Hi Rich,

I installed a fresh(new) version completely of W7. I will check out further W7 support on this. Many thanks.

Stubartl