Join now - be part of our community!

Why does my vaio keep freezing?

profile.country.en_GB.title
thisdamian
Visitor

Why does my vaio keep freezing?

Hi, I have a sony vaio VGN-CR42 and recently it repeatadly freezes on me. At first it was only like once a week but now its gotten to every few hours.

I dont think its due to what i am doing as i have been doing differant things when it freezes (primarily to do with microsoft excel and outlook) but it could be an application in the background, or a faulty driver maybe?

The laptop is about 3 years old as well

Is there anything anyone can suggest? it would be much appreciated

Thanks for your reply in advance!

Damian

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
mathewlisett
Visitor

what you could do for now is every time you boot up or even now, "ctrl+alt+ del keyboard keys together, or the way i do it is go to the bottom bar and right click for task manager"

select processes and then make sure the slider on the right is at the top, then click on the cpu word untill the process using the most is at the top.

have this showing at all times at the side or soemthign, so that if and when the system feezes and least you can see what the process is when it freezes and go from there

have yo updated anythign recently, have you got windows update on automatic download and install, as this often cuases many issues