Join now - be part of our community!

Why doesn't the laptop boot anymore?

yokor
Visitor

Why doesn't the laptop boot anymore?

Hello,

Again I'm having trouble with my vaio pcg-fx702 and I'm beginning to wonder why I ever bought a vaio. When It was still under warranty I had to send it back once and now that the warranty has run out I keep on having trouble with it. So wat is wrong now? A couple of days ago I went back from the kitchen to continue working an my vaio when the screen was all white. The laptop still reacted when I used alt f4 => turn off, but when I tried to turn it on again the next morning it didn't boot. It didn't even show the sony logo. The 3 buttons an the right flash and the cdrom spins but nothing happens after that, no beeps or anything.
It can't bee the hdd (works on other computer) or the memory (replaced that when it didn't boot and still it didn't work) I wonder if it could be something wrong with the inverter or even the graphics card of the cpu?
Please help, I'm getting really fed up with the whole sony thing with the vaio link that you have to pay before they even had a look at it.

Kind regards, Timothy

15 REPLIES 15
yokor
Visitor

Yes, it works again. xp is missing some files that are corrupted, but that can be fixed. So now I'm plain sailing again, don't know for how long before the next problem occurs, but for now it's fine.

Byebye, Timothy

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Yes, it works again. xp is missing some files that are corrupted, but that can be fixed. So now I'm plain sailing again, don't know for how long before the next problem occurs, but for now it's fine.

Byebye, Timothy

Great news Timothy, good luck with the install :cool:

yokor
Visitor

And I was so happy that it worked again :cry:
Now it has exactly the same problem as before, but strangely once every 40 or so boots I get some activity on the screen and it sort of works again (apart from that the hdd is somewhat corrupted again) a Qoute for the repair was +/- £160,- and just a new motherboard will cost me hundreds of pounds. I think I'll just sell it on ebay, maybe someone else can fix it or needs the parts of it. It's a shame that I got so many problems with this laptop :slight_frown:

Thanks for all the help I got the past years with this vaio:smileyhappy:

Timothy

kee-lo_

Sorry to hear that Timothy :cry:

tellingd
Visitor

Hope you have better luck with your next machine mate :slight_smile:

kee-lo_

Hope you have better luck with your next machine mate :slight_smile: