Join now - be part of our community!

- WHY WON'T SONY SELL THE AV DOCKING STATION FROM THE A-200 SERIES SEPARATELY FOR A-100 SERIES OWNERS??!!

mousey
Visitor

- WHY WON'T SONY SELL THE AV DOCKING STATION FROM THE A-200 SERIES SEPARATELY FOR A-100 SERIES OWNERS??!!

I'm sure I am not the only VAIO A-100 series owner ( I own an A117S ) who would like to be able to purchase the AV Docking station (with speakers, TV tuner & remote control) which currently comes with the A-217S laptop.

I think it's a great accessory which hugely increases the range of uses for the laptop and I'm hugely disappointed with Sony's policy not to offer it for sale separately (in the UK) - for A-100 series owners for example.

I have been told directly by Sony that any incompatibility between the Docking station and the laptop is purely a software issue. (Therefore incompatibility is a poor excuse as any required software could be packaged with the docking station.)

It seems to me that Sony just can't be bothered making the effort to keep the products they have already sold as useful as possible after their customers have already shelled out their money for them.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

No idea, thats crazy though

TygerTyger
Visitor

That's vaguely stupid. They aren't even just screwing you over, they are screwing themselves over?

Woody27
Visitor

Mousey,

I have a VGN-A115Z and I have been thinking exactly the same thing! I want this docking station as well!

This is pure Sony stupidity!

It's like them expecting purchasers of their new top of the range Handycam to buy a brand new VAIO just to produce DVD's with true 5.1 surround!

Sony, supply the needed software and the accessories.... ....you need the money... ....how many billions of yen were your profits down last year?!?

CW