Join now - be part of our community!

Losing Track Details on Transfer

chunky99
Visitor

Losing Track Details on Transfer

Has anyone else had this problem.
I have had my Pocket for 1 week and I am in the process of transferring all my CD's (1000) to it. This can be pretty painstaking at the best of times, but I have a problem. I'll explain the process.

I put a cd into my PC, SonicStage recognises it checks it in the online database, it's found.

Then rip it to my PC library. All good all the track info is present , and my album art is there too.

Once I have a few to update the pocket with I connect it and do an auto transfer. They all transfer over ok. Except....

I have found that random tracks come up as untitled instead of with the info added from the database. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to it. When I go to 'all tracks' on my player there are loads of blank tracks and I can scroll down for minutes without coming to a named track.

I have tried re initialising the player and retransferring my library and the same tracks come through as untitled.

Has anyone else had this problem? I have spoken to sony support and they have suggested I manually rename the track before transferring, but that is not much of a solution. For one thing I dont know which tracks will do it until after I transfer them.

I have over 1000 CD's and this problem might cause me to request a refund if they can't sort it out.

Can anyone help?

:thinking:

0 REPLIES 0