Join now - be part of our community!

playlist and my albums in SS

lordviper
Visitor

playlist and my albums in SS

ok now im hoping im an idiot that has missed something, if not then the people who made sonic stage are brain dead!
when you make a compilation album you can only reach it in the GROUPS category on the AP1L and you have to scroll ALL THE WAY to the bottom of your list (500 albums nearly) and even then its a load of crap. it creates doubles of your tracks for your compilations albums and changes album art. even when you add your own name as the name as the artist of the album your name will not appear in the artist list. then to top it all off, albums dont update when you move or delete tracks on albums and compilation albums, only when you add tracks.
unbeleivable. no auto update.
im hoping im wrong, please help?
cheers.

3 REPLIES 3
Automan
Visitor

SonicStage is very poor!

If you create a compilation and the tracks are already present in a group / folder it will actually copy the track to the player twice (or more if you have it in more than on compilation).

Compilations are not like playlists on other sensible products.

Thus when you play an album with tracks that are also in a compilation they will play twice.

The whole SonicStage design is for use with portable players with limited storage e.g. a Minidisc.

When it comes to a device with a 26,000 track limit it SUCKS!

Also if you have used your mp3 collection as a source it dumps the atrac3 version all in one folder! Thus this one folder could contain 26,000 files - Stupid or what?

Perhaps a third party company will write an alternate piece of software so you don't have to use SonicStage.

You do mention no Auto Update...
This does exist in SonicStage and it will try to mirror your PC library content with that of your player.

Automan.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Sounds a right nuisence

lordviper
Visitor

You do mention no Auto Update...
This does exist in SonicStage and it will try to mirror your PC library content with that of your player.

thats not quite correct with my version, thats what im complaining about. i have the update turned on but it doesnt change with my library, it only adds. so if i delete a track off an album itll still be on my AP1L. if i move a track in my library it wont move on my AP1L.
solution?