Join now - be part of our community!

Windows driving me insane!

mattbees
Visitor

Windows driving me insane!

I recently noticed that my "my music" folder no longer has that little music note on the icon, it just looks like any other file and windows wont let me change it back! Does anyone know how it can be put right? everything seems to work ok but I just find it annoying

Cheers

19 REPLIES 19
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_
feederfan
Visitor

I think it happens when you put non music files in your music folder, or ones that windows doesnt recognise as music, like ogg and aac.

mattbees
Visitor

Excellent, thanks for your help!

feederfan
Visitor

No probs, remember, Windows is not used by choice but out of having no choice! lol:smileygrin: Cant wait till i can chuck windows n use linux, damn A-Levels!

kee-lo_

Hehe, I have AAC in My Music folder and it's not changed

feederfan
Visitor

I dunno then, mine changed when i downloaded some videos and they went into the my music folder, not really bothered to me, if all that was wrong with windows was that icon, i wudnt be fussed, its the rest of the junk u have to put up with thats bad....

kee-lo_

I find it's fine as long as you don't put anything else except music and album art.

mattbees
Visitor

actually thats something else i was wondering. where is album art actually stored? because i always thought it was in the album folder but i cant actually locate the files. doesnt media player connect to some database and download album art to the album folder when you play it? at first i thought it was just because i had file settings set to hide hidden and system files but it wasnt the case...

kee-lo_

They're in the folder, just hidden away (commands in desktop.ini)