Join now - be part of our community!

Windows installing problems

Osing000
Visitor

Windows installing problems

Hey all!

I hope anyone can help me out. I have installed Windows Professional with SP 2 on PCV-RS222, but appearentally, drivers of some hardware are missing! I have downloaded the preinstalled drivers of the site, but still the same problems...

The hardware that cannot be installed are:
- Multimedia audio controller;
- PCI modem and
- SM buscontroller.

Does anyone know what the problem is and how I can solve this matter? It would be so great if you could help me out!!!

Greets,
Gertjan

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

If doing a major change like that make sure you do the necessary research. Here is how to do it from James one of the masters here. BTW anyone seen the Jamester.

kee-lo_

Only on ClubJAMES Tony

Osing000
Visitor

Thanks for the answers already! But now I have an additional problem: I formatted my computer and do not have my recovery CD anymore.......

Isn't it possible to download these drivers without the recovery CD or C:\Drivers map? I found out that my sound card is the 'Analog Devices AD1881A'. What I only need is a driver for this sound card and I am operational again...

So far, I checked out the sites soundcard-drivers.com and driverguide.com, with no luck. Other sites couldn't give me a good driver as well, so I am a little bit stuck.

Could you help me out?

Thanks for the help in advance!!

kee-lo_

Yeah it's very problematic - most of the drivers are on the DVD.

The only way you can get that is from eSupport

Osing000
Visitor

Thank you for the quick respond! I will order the recovery CD from e-Support.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Have you downloaded BOTH the drivers and utilities from HERE ?

:thinking:

Osing000
Visitor

Yes, and both didn't work....

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Sounds like you will have to do battle with Vaio-Link Support after all!

Good Luck!

:wink: