Join now - be part of our community!

Windows Vista 64 Bit - Where to find drivers? FE41S

sypher
Visitor

Windows Vista 64 Bit - Where to find drivers? FE41S

Hello there,
i just formatted and done a clean install to install the ultimate 64bit version of winvista.
My computer came with the 32 bit version premium ...
Anyway ... Now im stuck with 3 peripherals that are not showing correctly in the system device manager.
I can guess one is the bluetooth one, and the other the card reader ...

My question is, how can i identify them for sure? Is there any program that does that?
Also .. where can i find the damn 64bit drivers for vista for those?
Another thing, i have the damn tOUCHpad not working with the extensions (ie: driver not installed, it was 32 bit only). Where can i find the 64 bit ???

Thansk in advance and sorry for the bad english, as its not my first language.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi sypher,

As you have found out, there is little support for 64-bit versions of Vista.

Have you looked here?: -

http://www.vaio-link.com/os/vista/64bit/

:thinking:

sypher
Visitor

No i did not see that before, thanks! that helped me.
Now, another question: as this is a new install and nothing from sony is inside, which application/utilities are a MUST install to make, for example, the hotkeys work?
Thanks in advance!

sypher
Visitor

I got those drivers and now i dont have any "unknown" device anymore; tough i've got 3 problems. Hope you guys can help me with those

1) Volume control trough FN key does not work, same as brightness and any other FN key combination.

2) Touchpad driver is not working (i can not scroll), it recognizes the touchpad like a ps2 mouse so im pretty much ****. Is there any 64bit driver for ALPS? (I heard there is, but can not find!)

3) Webcam is not working. 😞

Hope anybody can help or at least point me to the right direction ...
This 64 bit environment is sooo much faster than the 32 ... (its either very noticeable or i had installed it wrong when i had the 32 bit one), i dont want to format and reinstall again since i've got all my stuff in here now ...

Thanks in advance for anybody that could answer

profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

Sony have not made any 64 bit drivers. Your only hope is to find out the individual chipset manufacturer for each of the hardware componants and see if that company has released 64 bit drivers. You are very brave and I have an AMD 64 bit machine that indeed is lightning fast simular to running a front side bus speed of 1333MHZ like some of the alienware desktops units that are out now at £3500. All I can say is follow Blencogos advice...give up for now and reinstall 32bit system...Sony are going to release 64 bit drivers which is why they have gone for 64 bit emulating chipset processors but with only 7% of 64 bit users out there manufacturers are milking 32 bit for what it is worth for years to come shame because 64 bit is brilliant :slight_frown:

sypher
Visitor

Altough i appreciate the concern; i'm not one of those that give up.
I have now fixed everything.

The Alps Pointing-device 64bit driver is *very* hard to find; but nonetheless it exists.

Here its a url of it; you will have to install it trough the device manager / have disk option, to replace the current PS/2 mouse one; because windows will not see it as an "update" since its not signed.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-53260-1&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&...

As for the webcam, i simply got the original drivers package, disabled the integrity check of the drivers, and manually installed those from the device manager.

Now my only thing missing is the soundcard (solved the switching problems between headphones and speakers, right now i have to switch manually most of the times), and the function keys.

Just a little bit more and my 64 bit system will work like a charm.

Anyone has any advice? Any help or suggestion is greatly appreciated.