Join now - be part of our community!

xl302 to Bravia at 720p - picture too big

ocommane
Visitor

xl302 to Bravia at 720p - picture too big

And its not like I can adjust my TV to make the picture smaller like I could with a monitor. How can I get a 720p picture to match the screen, after all I spent the extra to be able to use the blu-ray

4 REPLIES 4
Lar77
Visitor

Thats the million dollar question ...... I've the same issue with the XL 301 on my Philips TV. It's annoying that we spend all this money on a Sony media centre and the stupid thing doesn't match the common resolution of most TV's. Sony need to sort out some driver software that will fix this issue. Pi**'s me off!!

Does Sony ever read this forum??? Are they ever going to fix this ...... surely it's not that hard! Nvida already have a driver out that enables re-sizing but apparently Sony don't recommend you use drivers unless you get them off their site ....... hurry up and sort it out Sony !!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Most people are just using the upgraded beta drivers without any problem.

Use the .INF file supplied lower down the thread for your nVidia 7600 GTL graphics cards.

http://club.vaio.sony.co.uk/clubvaio/gb/en/forum/viewthread?thread=42425&lastpage=yes

:wink:

ocommane
Visitor

Most people are just using the upgraded beta drivers without any problem.

Use the .INF file supplied lower down the thread for your nVidia 7600 GTL graphics cards.

http://club.vaio.sony.co.uk/clubvaio/gb/en/forum/viewthread?thread=42425&lastpage=yes

:wink:

So I download the inf. file and just replace an existing one?

ocommane
Visitor

I've been waiting for Sony to release these beta drivers to us but no response. Then last month there was a driver update but i still have the same problem. I contacted Sony and their advice is to download the drivers from their site but the last update for the driver on their site was in March 2007 way before I bought my machine. Has anyone got their XL302 to output a 720p or 1080i through just using what Sony provide or will i have to work out how to download beta drivers?