Join now - be part of our community!

Windows Vista on vaio FJ1S!

Wilkie
Visitor

Windows Vista on vaio FJ1S!

Hi guys, someone has installed the new Beta 2 of WV on vaio FJ1S?? Have you some suggests?? :smileygrin:

7 REPLIES 7
Wilkie
Visitor

Have a look!
http://www.club-vaio.com/clubvaio/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=33723&lastpage=yes

There is another open tread...:smileygrin:
If someone is curious.....

munkie
Visitor

Hello again Wilkie!

I'm a FJ1Z owner, and also on the Vista Tech Beta so I'm quite experienced at trying to get Vista going on this series of notebook. Unfortunately you will not be able to get the sound working in any version of Vista with this notebook (that is unless you have a microphone plugged in - how wierd is that!).

I have reported this to Microsoft who refuse to fix it, telling me to contact Realtek. Realtek didn't even read my email properly and instead sent me instructions on how to navigate their site. Thanks a lot!

If you upgrade to Vista from XP you will find that Vista does not recognise the battery pack, so that's a bit of an issue. If you do a clean install on the other hand, the webcam etc. doesn't work, and Sony will *never* release drivers.

PJ aka Munkie 🐵

Wilkie
Visitor

Hi munkie! I get VISTA now on my FJ1S...! It's very cool....! :smileygrin:
Yes, the sound doesn't work... i try this beta drivers from realtek
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/dlac97-2.aspx?lineid=5&famid=12&series=8&Software=True

but they doesn't work...:smileycry:

Then I have a problem with nokia pc suite drivers for my 6630... i cannot use internet dial-up!

munkie
Visitor

Once you have that sound driver installed, all you have to do is plug in (something) to the microphone socket and you will hear sound as normal.

Please email Realtek about this! The more people that complain to them, the better chance of getting a fix!

PJ

Wilkie
Visitor

Yeeeah! I wrote to realtek!!:smileygrin:

Have you had problems with nokia Pc suite? I have a 6630 but VISTA doesen't recognize his drivers....:smileycry:

And what about Intel 915 Gm? When drivers come out??

munkie
Visitor

I don't use Nokia, and there's bad news about the intel915 - Intel have decided that they will not be writing drivers for their graphics models below 925.

Wilkie
Visitor

Impossible... sonystyle.com sell the FJ290 and they say it is "Windows Vista Capable"... and it has the same grapichcard intel 915Gm...!

So... 1+1=2, or not??