Join now - be part of our community!

WinTV MCE problem

apierc1
Visitor

WinTV MCE problem

Hey guys,

I just got a WinTV MCE unit for my FE21M and the USB doesn't recognized the device and I get a malfunction message up, any one had problems in setting up similar devices before I send the unit back to dabs?

Thanks,

Andy

3 REPLIES 3
apierc1
Visitor

Uncle Thalamus, Auntie Kee-Lo, etc etc any ideas?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Which WinTV model do you have Andy?

1. Plug in an ariel and connect to your Vaio's USB before you boot.
2. Boot into Windows and then turn the power on for the WinTV unit. Do not plug the power adapter into the unit until Windows is completely loaded.
3. When you plug it in, the 'Found New Hardware Wizard' should start and you can load the drivers and software from the CD. Choose to 'Install the Software Automatically'.
4. You can then set up the TV signal in MCE - choose antenna as the input.

If the Found New Hardware wizard does not start, try scanning for hardware from Control Panel.

:thinking:

apierc1
Visitor

Hi blencogo,

Yeah i have done this, even when I do the manual scan it tells me that no newer driver can be found that is better tham the one installed, even though there is no driver installed for it! Well I have to tak eit to post office tomorrow to send it back, as long as it doesn't take dabs' quoted six to eight weeks to send a replacement (apparently this is a generic piece of info) as that would make me rather annoyed, I'm genrally not pleased at all with my dabs.co.uk buying experience. Thanks for your help :slight_frown:

Andy