Join now - be part of our community!

Wireless for VGC M1?

MGS7
Visitor

Wireless for VGC M1?

:slight_frown: I have a s SONY VGC M1 which I love!
Have just set up broadband with BT and using the Home Hub.
Want to connect my VGC M1 wirelessly but don't know if I can do it or if the set-up is already on my PC?
Not very technical so need some help!
How do I do it?
Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Exinferis
Visitor

Humm, I'm not that familiar with the M1, but my V2M didn't come with wireless capability built in (stupid I think as the V2S did!) so I had to buy a PCMCIA wireless card and slot it in on the side. It may be that you need to do that with your M1?

Edit: Yes, having just checked your model it doesn't come equipped, so you'll need the above. I'd recommend either Linksys or Belkin (I've got a Belkin card and a Linksys router and they work well together).

When you've got your card, run the install program from the disc and slot the card in when prompted then follow the instructions. You'll need to set up WEP or WPA access; created a password and it'll turn it into a key that you need to use whenever you connect to your network. You can use the Network Wizard in XP (or Vista) to set your router up. I don't know what the BT router is like so can't advise on that. But if you've just got the one PC then setting up the PC and Router should be fairly straightforward.

Post back if you need more help and we'll go from there.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Either that or USB really, they're the only choices.