Join now - be part of our community!

Wireless Mouse does not work on VGN-A417M

Sweepee
Visitor

Wireless Mouse does not work on VGN-A417M

Hello everbody,

I have just bought a A417M, but the wireless mouse that comes along the package doesn't work on it. Do you have to activate the mouse some how in Windows XP? I have already tried pushing the connect button on the backside of the mouse, but it doesn't seem to help :-s.

Greets, Kristof.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

First press the connect button on the underside of your notebook and then the one on the mouse.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
ZeroBk
Visitor

Hmm, strange. It shouldn't be a problem to connect the mouse, and I'm sure the vendor or sony can help you if it's broken.
But the mouse isn't that good ergonomicaly. Sure, it's a lot better than a touchpad, but I recommed you to use another mouse. I'm using a Logitech mx1000 and it connects to the built in laptop reciever, no extra usb-addons! Te drivers don't work so you can't assign your own commands to the buttons, just use predefined ones.
This is true for my Vaio VGN-A497 laptop at least.

ZeroBk
Visitor

Hmm, strange. It shouldn't be a problem to connect the mouse, and I'm sure the vendor or sony can help you if it's broken.
But the mouse isn't that good ergonomicaly. Sure, it's a lot better than a touchpad, but I recommed you to use another mouse. I'm using a Logitech mx1000 and it connects to the built in laptop reciever, no extra usb-addons! Te drivers don't work so you can't assign your own commands to the buttons, just use predefined ones.
This is true for my Vaio VGN-A497 laptop at least.

Sweepee
Visitor

@Rich912

I hadn't seen that button yet. My mouse works now fine :smileyhappy:.

@ZeroBK
Yeah, the mouse isn't so good. But I'm gonna wait with the purchase of a new mouse, 'cause this baby costed my a fortune! :smileygrin: