Join now - be part of our community!

Wireless mouse

Rich77
Visitor

Wireless mouse

Hi

I have a Vaio VA1 and was wondering how do i tell when the batteris in my Wireless mouse need replaceing?

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

When it stops working!!!

:anguished:

Rich77
Visitor

thanks thats exaclly what i thought. my ket board has a .battery indecator on it.

you probaloly think i am stupid, b ut im not.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Rich77,

If you click on the mouse icon in Control Panel, you may have tab for wireless (or similar tab) which may give you an indication of the mouse battery status. :slight_smile:

vaio-freak
Visitor

On the back of your wireless mouse there are indicators that will start flashing therefore letting you know it is time to switch batteries. You will also notice that the cursor will stop responding from time to time.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Rich77,

I wasn't trying to be funny - if your mouse and keyboard (black with a red light in the mouse and LCD screen on the keyboard) are the same as mine, there is no way of telling if the batteries are low except to wait for it to stop!

Mine was using a lot of batteries - after the fourth set in three months, I bought some AA 2300 mAh NiMH rechargables from Jessops and I've gone 4 weeks on the first charge! It does get a lot of use!!!

I still have the original set in the keyboard - that seems more economical.

I have a brilliant Logitech MX1000 Cordless Laser Mouse that I use with my laptop when at my desk. It's rechargeable and I can check the battery status from the taskbar.

:wink:

EDIT: Just noticed the optical lamp has two levels of brightness. On a white mat it uses high brightness when on a dark mat it uses a low level! Thinking about it, the high battery consumption has only happened since I switched to a white mat. Time to change back!!!

Rich77
Visitor

Hi all
i preorderd my VA1 and had it as soon as it got to the sony centre did.
the first set of battires are fine in mouse and keyboard after about a month.