Join now - be part of our community!

wirless also good when downloading alot?

Foxhound
Visitor

wirless also good when downloading alot?

I wanna go wireless but I since I download alot of stuff I wonder if it is a good and stable solution? Or should I just stick to my cables?
:thinking:

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Wireless is fine until you get a dropped connection.

Basically wired internet is going to be more reliable so use this if you don't have to roam, and use wireless when you have to be mobile and use the internet at the same time.

Downloads are best over wired connections for reliabilities sake. Also be sure to turn off your mobile phone as some can interfere with the wireless signal.

nemo66
Visitor

Good point Mr. James!!!
But one more tip from me:

-put the accesspoint as high as you can
-be carefully not to put it near microwaves owen
-also not near wireless phone

AND use a secured connection!!!

Also be aware what type of apparatus u buy, some of them get really hot and will act with interrupted connections as with dropouts.
I would recommend u to loók at AVM as this stays really cool.
(www.avm.de)

TygerTyger
Visitor

I've never used anything except wireless for a network and it's always worked without a hitch.:smileyplain:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Yeah never really had a problem with my mates WLAN.
He copies over great big WAVs too.

TygerTyger
Visitor

The only problem I've ever heard of is if you dedicate massive amounts of bandwidth to file sharing, with too many ports open some routers occasionally shut themselves down cos they get overloaded. TBH I see nothing at all wrong with downloading over a wireless network, after all it's what most people use them for.

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

TBH I see nothing at all wrong with downloading over a wireless network, after all it's what most people use them for.

Most of the time, fine but if you decide to download something say 30MB in size and then the connection is dropped then you get annoyed!:smileygrin: :wink:

TygerTyger
Visitor

I think pretty much everywhere allows you to resume where you left off nowadays.

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Good point...:smileywink: :smileyblush:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Yeah, thats what they're there for TT