Join now - be part of our community!

WLAN driver

profile.country.en_GB.title
piethief100
Visitor

WLAN driver

Model Number PCG-71313M

Thanks for reading.

I recently did a clean install of Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) on my Vaio laptop. The problem is that although I can install all the other drivers, I simply cannot find the driver for the WLAN device on the laptop. I found the other drivers from the support page for my model:

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/preinstalled/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VPCEB3J1E_BQ

but the drivers provided for WLAN do not seem to work.

I've been trying to update them in device manager using the update driver option. Asking windows 7 to search the internet, I'm temporarily connected by ethernet, yields no results, and manually pointing the search to the downloaded driver folders from the Vaio support page also leads Windows to say no suitable drivers have been found.

Any help much appreciated. I've noticed a few people across Google mention they've had similar problems with the WLAN driver provided on the support page. If this is the case, could somebody let me know the maker and model of the WLAN card so I can try to source an alternative? At the moment I haven't been able to find any information on this.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
piethief100
Visitor

I gave up and used driver easy to find out what WLAN card I own. It's a free app that's useful - although the download speed is very limited with the free edition.

http://www.drivereasy.com/

It turns out the WLAN is an intel one so once the program got me the model I went to the intel site to download the driver at full speed.

anilsiri
New

my sony laptop formated i cant go to internet how to download wireless driver model no is pcg-71313m please send me

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi anilsir1,

You are quoting a chassis reference that will be common to a number of models. You need to find the correct Model Name which will probably be VPCEB3xxx or VPCEB4xxx. Have a look for a sticker on the underside, in the BIOS or in Vaio Control Center (if you have this utility installed).

Once you have the correct reference for you model, click the Support tab at the top of this page and enter this in the search field (ignore any letters after an underscore as this will be a colour reference and is not used on the support site). You will be taken to a page with any drivers available listed. You will obviously need to download this on a network connected computer and then transfer the file to the Vaio.

You could also connect to the router via ethernet to download the drivers.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat