Join now - be part of our community!

worn keys on keyboard

DanielLamprell
Visitor

worn keys on keyboard

i have read other peoples problems with this and letters 'wearing away'. i have the same problem and my warranty is still valid but from reading the other forums i still couldnt see what i should actually do.
can i get a new set of keys through the mail to attach?

thanks in advance for any replys.

22 REPLIES 22
DanielLamprell
Visitor

anyone else got the same problem? this seems to be a regular occurance with these keyboards.
has anyone solved or know how to solve this problem ?

thanks.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Daniel Lamprell,

Welcome to Club Vaio, :slight_smile:

You will need to open a warranty claim via Vaio-Link

DanielLamprell
Visitor

ok cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Let us know how you get on...

profile.country.en_GB.title
biancavaio
Visitor

Hi daniel , ..i had the same problem as you , and i had contacted sony about it ...i still was under my warranty but im afraid they'll only give you 5 keys of your choice through mail then they will ask you to send in your laptop ...to them ..but theres no chance i could do that because i need my laptop 24/7 and they said if i did send it in it would take 5 weeks ...so i just stuck to the 5 keys they gave me

hope your problem does get sorted out

bianca

xxx

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

they said if i did send it in it would take 5 weeks

I thought it was normally a week to 10 days...:smileyshocked:

Blackheart
Visitor

Hi,
I 've just had my laptop in for repair. I live in the Isle of Man and the laptop had to go away to France for repair. It was picked up Tuesday 19th and was retuned on Thursday 21st. That was for a keyboard problem as well. I was expecting a week to 10 day wait. Very fast service!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Blackheart,

Welcome to Club Vaio... :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info, I did think 5 weeks sounded a long time.

profile.country.en_GB.title
biancavaio
Visitor

something ..wrong with the sony advisor i was talkin to then ...i definatley remember hearing the words 4-5 weeks ...maybe the advisor was'nt sure and gave me any old answer :wink:

love bianca

xxx