Join now - be part of our community!

Worse customer and after sales service ever

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
crfrati
Visitor

Worse customer and after sales service ever

When I bought my laptop less then one year ago I never expected somethig like that to happen. And I am not refering to the fact that the hard drive died so quickly cuz these things happen. But here is what happened:

After a hard disk check I had an error, which after I dissused with somebody from support I was informed that I have to send the laptop to the repoair center and it will not take more then 5-6 working days. After this all the "fun" began. After the 5-6 wrking days have passed I called Sony to see when will I have it back. One CSR told me it will be shipped back at the end of the week because they were waiting for some parts to chage (apparently the CPU was dead as well), so 10 workind days. After these days passed as well I called again on  Monday, to be told by another CSR tht they received the parts that days, they will test the laptop for 24h and they will ship it on Thursday. But on Tuesday another CSR is calling me, telling that they have the ETA for my parts arrival for next week. Next week is ending today, when of course I called again and no parts arrived. So, yet the 5-6 working days transformed in 3 weeks and counting. Now I just hope I will ever see my laptop back again. And this is not the worse part, in all this disscusions I had with different CSRs I ve been told: "if you want we can send your lapotp unrepired" or "I cannot call the repair centre because they don't pick up the phone" and so on. Answers I got from the CSRs of a company who chareges premium prices for their products.

I was thinking to try and write an email to some top level management so if anybody have any suggestions, please share. BTW, I also wrote a complaint to their CS and never got back an aswer :smileygrin:.

All these being said...buy Sony products NOT!!!!

P.S. the parts they are waiting now in a big repair center of a big company is some DVD pack. Which I suppose is the Windows recovery disk!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.FR.title
akhirsha
Explorer

Hello everyone,

My apologies, I must have missed notifications of your posts..

Just wanted to close this thread, as I eventually got a bank transfer from Sony in mid-june 2012.

FYI, as I did not feel comfortable about their aftersales service in my area, I switched to a brand new Mac book pro w/ retina display....and so far it still works great!

Again, many thanks for your answers!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
uselesssony
Visitor

Customer service is as poor as their products. Totally useless.

And management have total disregard for their customers. Unlikely you ll get anywhere with them. They need a few court cases against them.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi crfrati,

I can't promise anything, but if you can send me your repair Case Number, I will ask someone inside Sony to investigate why such a long delay.

:wink:

crfrati
Visitor

Hey,

My case no is 5285650.

To be hones now I am kind of worried if I will ever see my laptop back :smileygrin:.

Thanks anyway.

crfrati
Visitor

The 4th week is almost over, after countless phones to Sony I still dont have my laptop back nor at least anz news about when could I hope I will have it back. I guess Sony has the most useless customer support ever, and I am not refering to the people to the other end of the phone line because I know is not their fault, but their procedures. I am told they escalated to the repair center but they dont have an aswer or that repair centre in France is not pocking up the phone. I guess the repair centre people are some kind of Gods within the company and they can do anything they want.

Offtopic: is the chat support function still working? In the last week I can only see, written support (email) and phone support.

profile.country.en_PL.title
davcarls
Visitor

I only started posting today and after my experience I can now see why so many people have a low opinion of Sony. Hopefully anybody reading these posts who is considering buying a Sony product will learn from the mistakes of the people that did.

I'm now considering buying an Apple and just keep arranging for the Sony to go into service until they get fed up and actually do something. At least I wont be without a computer while they mess around with it. It seems to me that they try and inconvenience you as much as possible so you will up trying to get it repaired.

Message was edited by: davcarls

Message was edited by: davcarls

Bus_ter
Visitor

You never get a conclusion to these threads. I wonder if he ever did get his laptop back?

As regards to Sony I actually like and enjoy their products. However I have to agree their support is pretty bad. A lot of large companies have issues with their support, and it often boils down to the simple fact they like to outsource their support services to third party agents. Simply because it's cheap, and will usually goto the cheapest bidder. These third party companies will then outsource again different parts of the support to other 'cheapest bidder' contracts. Before you know it you have 'Sony support' spread all over the place with poor intergration and everyone blaming the other person.

My simple advice to anyone with an electronics product fault is try to return it to the shop you bought it from for a replacement. It's much better than going the warranty route and opening up the support can of worms...

Message was edited by: Bus_ter

Message was edited by: Bus_ter

jamjones9
Visitor

thats what sony told me as i was reduced to tears calling the call centre in ireland... but the seller woulndt accept it... bioth sony and the seller left me in the dark with a knackered laptop that cost £700... battery, wireless, cd player, never worked... but they denied anything wrong !!!! al i can say is it was probably one of the most regrattable decisions in my life ever to buy a vaio...... still 4 years on it it has  got worse.... so many horror stories on here... but you;d never find them because oddly enough theres no prpoer search facillty on this website.... really is a joke ...tyhey have somethin to hide and they do there best at hiding it.. worst of all is that they will remove your posts....  its a bit orwellian on here to say the least !!

-Soup-
Visitor

thread.escalate.auto.reply.message.text

profile.country.FR.title
akhirsha
Explorer

Hi everybody, allow me to tell you my bad experience with Sony VAIO support here in Reunion Island (french oversea territory, located in Indian Ocean):

I have a 1 year old VAIO (model name: VPCZ13C5E, bought 2900€ directly from Sony online shop at http://www.sony.fr/hub/ordinateur-portable-vaio

As I had a minor issue (keyboard backlight not working), I opened a case with VAIO Support. 6 weeks later, they told me to take it to my local Sony representative (IS2) to have it fixed: http://www.is2-net.com/affic_page.php?iCat=11

That was on the 9th of December (2011).

Since that day, the repair is still “ongoing”.

IS2 has already changed, at least: keyboard, motherboard (2 times!), speakers (don’t ask me why)…but now the laptop doesn’t even boot.

IS2 tells me that Sony sent them 2 dead spare motherboards (wow, I work in IT, and I’ve never heard of a computer manufacturer who doesn’t test spare parts before packing and sending…and IS2 tells me this happened 2 times in the same case!), and that each time they order a spare part, it takes 3-4 weeks to get delivered. Last but not least, IS2 already called me 2 times to tell me to come and pick the “fixed” laptop, but each time I came, I did check if the laptop was working with their tech guy on my side…and it would not even boot. So, 2 times I had to come back home with empty hands and wait another 4-5 weeks.

IS2 told me too that Sony doesn’t want to replace my laptop with a new one, so they ordered…a 3rd motherboard! And I'm still waiting...

So, in a nutshell:

case opened on 25 of october 2011

VAIO laptop repair started on 9 of december 2011, and is still ongoing (!)

-> what am I supposed to do?