Join now - be part of our community!

Worse customer and after sales service ever

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
crfrati
Visitor

Worse customer and after sales service ever

When I bought my laptop less then one year ago I never expected somethig like that to happen. And I am not refering to the fact that the hard drive died so quickly cuz these things happen. But here is what happened:

After a hard disk check I had an error, which after I dissused with somebody from support I was informed that I have to send the laptop to the repoair center and it will not take more then 5-6 working days. After this all the "fun" began. After the 5-6 wrking days have passed I called Sony to see when will I have it back. One CSR told me it will be shipped back at the end of the week because they were waiting for some parts to chage (apparently the CPU was dead as well), so 10 workind days. After these days passed as well I called again on  Monday, to be told by another CSR tht they received the parts that days, they will test the laptop for 24h and they will ship it on Thursday. But on Tuesday another CSR is calling me, telling that they have the ETA for my parts arrival for next week. Next week is ending today, when of course I called again and no parts arrived. So, yet the 5-6 working days transformed in 3 weeks and counting. Now I just hope I will ever see my laptop back again. And this is not the worse part, in all this disscusions I had with different CSRs I ve been told: "if you want we can send your lapotp unrepired" or "I cannot call the repair centre because they don't pick up the phone" and so on. Answers I got from the CSRs of a company who chareges premium prices for their products.

I was thinking to try and write an email to some top level management so if anybody have any suggestions, please share. BTW, I also wrote a complaint to their CS and never got back an aswer :smileygrin:.

All these being said...buy Sony products NOT!!!!

P.S. the parts they are waiting now in a big repair center of a big company is some DVD pack. Which I suppose is the Windows recovery disk!

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi akhirha,

A real horror story!

Can you please let me me know your case number (via PM) and we will attempt to get someone within support to investigate.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
nikkilim
Visitor

Sorry to hear that. I would love to get updates on how this issue works out for you in the future. 

Would be nice to see this resolved. https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif

profile.country.FR.title
akhirsha
Explorer

Hello everyone,

My apologies, I must have missed notifications of your posts..

Just wanted to close this thread, as I eventually got a bank transfer from Sony in mid-june 2012.

FYI, as I did not feel comfortable about their aftersales service in my area, I switched to a brand new Mac book pro w/ retina display....and so far it still works great!

Again, many thanks for your answers!