Join now - be part of our community!

XL-100 as DVD recorder

TonyVaio
Visitor

XL-100 as DVD recorder

Has any one successfully used the XL100 as a simple DVD recorder - after all it is advertised as the only AV device you are likely to need.

MCE05 does not seem to provide access to all the inputs on the XL100

For starters I want to use the svideo input on the AverTV card to record(eg to archive stuff off the SkyHD box).

Presumably the basic driver is there but I would have to down load and install AverMedia V6 to provide this facility? Sony do not appear to provide any AverMedia tools (presumably because these duplicate MCE05).

AMV6 does not clash with any Sony tools?

Many thanks

T

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Tony and welcome to ClubVAIO.

There have been a number of problems with connectivity on the XL 100. MCE seems to have problems accessing the analogue side of the TV card - it only seems to recognise the DVB part.

Have you tried using the s-video input inside the front cover of the XL 100?

:thinking:

galimh
Visitor

I only purchased 2 weeks ago. have already read in different forums that HDMI is the optmum method of connection. I have connected to my fujitsu plasma via compnonet video..not good enough....you have a lessor chance withs-video. sony have now pdated their web site to advise HDMI is best.

tajw
Visitor

I found the svideo input on the tv card doesn't work properly, colours are distorted - even after 'repair' by sony.

The s-video input on the front works fine and is recognised by MCE when you set up tv. You can then record under mce.

If you install the aver software the device is not recognised

TonyVaio
Visitor

tajw & all

So what is the way to get this to work.....having already set up MCE for DVB-T via the aerial.

Do you/can you set an additional device which connects via svideo?

All I am looking for is a means of using the XL100 as a DVD recorder (though one use will be to copy from the SkyHD box)

We will address problems in getting 1080i & 720p mpeg files to play without stuttering later. Files edited and sourced from another PC and not recorded via svideo I must add.

Cheers

T

tajw
Visitor

Only way I've worked out is to get files off my skybox is

1) set up front svideo port (video 2) as TV input from sky box as TV source
2) record output within MCE
3) burn to DVD

Not the most efficient way to do things and quality degrades on every step

I can't get anything to recognise the front s video port outside of MCE.

I've given up on the avermedia TV card svideo port

Click2dvd says it can record analogue from the ilink port but not tried that yet

profile.country.en_IE.title
Wheeker
Visitor

See my earlier thread:
VCR connected to XL-100

I think this should work for you. :wink:

Let me know if there's another way though as it's not ideal!